Donated books and media play an important role in our collection development and fundraising programs. Materials donations are tax-deductible as charitable donations. Upon request, staff will provide you with a dated receipt for income tax purposes.
Update 2/01/23 : Thank you for your interest in donating to the library! Due to limited storage, we are unable to accept donations of materials at this time. We will update this page when there are future donation opportunities.
Guidelines for Bringing in Your Book Donations:
- Please bring donations to the Circulation Desk in boxes or bags that you can leave with the Library.
- Staff cannot assist you with unloading donations.
- Call the library in advance if you wish to bring in a large number of donations.
- Please not leave donated materials in the book drop or outside the library.
- Donations cannot be returned to you once they have been given to the library.
- Items that are accepted for donation but, after examination, are not added to the Library’s collection will be sold, donated to other organizations or recycled.
- Monetary donations to the Library for the purpose of purchasing new materials are also an excellent support for the Library.
We happily accept:
- Gently-used children’s books
- Hardcover books
- Travel Books
- Jamesburg Yearbooks
We are unable to accept:
- Books with mold or mildew
- Books that are dirty or have an odor
- Books that are water-damaged
- Law Books
- Activity Books (crossword, coloring, etc.)
- Cassette Tapes
- VHS Tapes