The staff and Board of Trustees of Jamesburg Public Library strive to make the Library a warm, inviting and safe place for everyone. This Code of Conduct has been developed to maintain an atmosphere appropriate for work, study and enjoyment for all Library users and staff.
It is each individual’s responsibility to demonstrate sound judgement, respect and consideration for others, and appropriate conduct while using Library resources and facilities. Any individual who fails to do so may be asked to leave the premises. Failure to comply with a request to leave will result in the Library contacting the Jamesburg Police Department for assistance.
Any patron whose privileges have been denied may have the decision reviewed by writing to the Board of Trustees.
The following list includes example of unacceptable behavior:
- Damaging or stealing Library materials or property
- Playing audio equipment so that others can hear it
- Misusing a restroom (e.g., as a laundry or bathing facility)
- Using the Library to sleep
- Leaving a child unattended in the Library (see Unattended Children Policy)
- Obscene language or activity
- Lewd or immoral behavior
- Loud cell phone conversations in any part of the library other than the lobby (Silent mode or texting is permitted)
- Making excessive noise or engaging in other disruptive conduct
- Smoking or being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Interfering with another person’s use of the Library or with library staff performance of their duties
- Threatening, harassing, or physically harming library patrons or staff
- Being in an unauthorized area of the Library, or remaining in the area after closing
- Politicking on Library grounds; solicitation of contributions or signatures, unless directly related to Library services or activities