Donated books and media play an important role in our collection development and fundraising programs. Materials donations are tax-deductible as charitable donations. Upon request, staff will provide you with a dated receipt for income tax purposes.
Guidelines for Bringing in Your Book Donations:
- Please bring donations to the Circulation Desk in boxes or bags that you can leave with the Library.
- Staff cannot assist you with unloading donations.
- Call the library in advance if you wish to bring in a large number of donations.
- Do not leave donated materials in the book drop or outside the library.
- Donations cannot be returned to you once they have been given to the library.
- Items that are accepted for donation but, after examination, are not added to the Library’s collection will be sold, donated to other organizations or recycled.
- Monetary donations to the Library for the purpose of purchasing new materials are also an excellent support for the Library.
We happily accept:
- Gently-used children’s books
- Hardcover books
- Travel Books
- Jamesburg Yearbooks
We are unable to accept:
- Books with mold or mildew
- Books that are dirty or have an odor
- Books that are water-damaged
- Law Books
- Activity Books (crossword, coloring, etc.)
- Cassette Tapes
- VHS Tapes