POLICY FOR CONDUCT IN THE LIBRARY
The Library Board of Trustees encourages the use of the library by citizens of Jamesburg, and provides facilities which are clean and comfortable and in excellent condition, enforcing regulations as necessary:
1. Food or drink is prohibited except at supervised activities in the meeting room.
2. Disruptive, disorderly improper behavior or language is prohibited.
3. Smoking is prohibited within the building or on library grounds.
4. Cell phones shall be silenced while in the library. Necessary conversation will be taken outside.
5. The library Staff and Board reserve the right to take action necessary to insure that these regulations are followed.
6. The staff reserves the right to summon the police or other authorities if necessary.
7. Damage to library property will be punished to the fullest extent of the law.
CHILDREN IN THE LIBRARY
The rules and policies of this library have been developed to provide a high quality and fair environment for library users. Parents are expected to understand and explain library rules to their children. Children under the age of nine (9) must be accompanied by a responsible caregiver over the age of 14 at all times while in the library. All members, including children and teens, are expected to use appropriate language and behavior on the premises, including the outside grounds. We expect parents who attend children’s programming with their children, to demonstrate good listening habits. If the library is closing and an unattended child is without transportation home, library staff will allow the child to call home. If the child is still unattended when the library closes, local law enforcement authorities will be contacted and the child placed in their care. Under no circumstances shall a staff member drive a child home.
MEETING ROOM POLICY
The Madeline Herche Memorial Room is available to local non-profit, non-political and educational groups during regular library hours.
Meeting room applications are available at the circulation desk. Completed applications must be submitted to the Director at least 2 weeks prior to the date requested. The Library Board reserves the right to deny or approve the use of the meeting room. The library does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, nationality, or religious affiliation.
Selling or promotion of products or services shall not be permitted.
There must be one adult for every ten minors. The size of the group shall be restricted by fire code.
Organized groups must provide a Certificate of Insurance with the application.
The Library Board of Trustees reserves the right to take any action necessary to preserve order or to protect the property and facilities within its jurisdiction at the expense of the offender.
Attendance must be open to the public at all times unless prior approval is obtained from the Board of Trustees.
1. All patrons wishing to use a computer must print their full legal name on the sign in sheet.
2. Children nine (9) years and younger must be accompanied by an adult when using the computer.
3. Sharing computers is prohibited.
4. Disruptive or disorderly users will be removed from the library.
5. No persons may use their own software or discs.
6. Downloading and saving files is permitted only on flash drive, which can be purchased from the library.
7. Anyone abusing the internet privilege will be asked to leave the library.
8. Printing is available at a nominal fee.
9. The library reserves the right to limit computer use to one hour session per person per day.
10.Viewing materials that make others uncomfortable is heartily discouraged.